Another CANADA DAY is on the horizon, this coming Monday.
What can Canadians do to celebrate, this first day of the second half of the calendar year?
- Consume red and white beverages all day
- Bar-b-que everything with maple syrup
- Find an American history book, and write in a ‘u’ to the spelling of words like honor and color
- Play mini-putt golf with fresh strawberry balls
- Watch at least two hours of authentic Canadian TV programming
- Take a trip across the country via Google Earth
- Wrap a Canadian flag around your mailbox, since there’s no delivery this day anyway
- Spend some time during the day in each of the Canadian time zones
- Convince young children there’s more daylight because fireworks need extra time to burst in red and white
- Invite friends over to debate which revised version of the national anthem should be sung
Be sure, of course, that any activity engaged in happens politely.
Leave a Reply