Remember when holidays pretty much were celebrated on the actual day?
Now, no doubt in part for commercial purposes, promotion has largely turned them into multi-day, if not multi-week, events.
Which still leaves some latitude in how the spirit might be defined this time of year…
- Everyone named Patrick is given a mulligan for the day
- The best of the morning means having draft beverages for breakfast
- Exercise classes add extra twirls to bring out that green feeling
- Leprechauns are treated with a short amount of respect
- Green tag sales mainly comprise green tags
- The Hulk, the Green Goblin, and Green Lantern perform their yearly folk trio
- Wearing of the green can be induced uninvited by regurgitation
- Potato eye collectors hold their largest conventions
- The Green Party everywhere is thought of as a place to have fun
- Irish eyes may still be able to smile, but eyes of the less practiced will spend time trying to focus